Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Gifts

Lately I have been talking with a group of ladies to discover our natural and spiritual gifts. It's been eye opening to me that the most monumental moment of my walk with God is the thread that ties my natural and spiritual gifts together. I started thinking about why God even gives us natural gifts if they are not our spiritual gifts used for the Kingdom, and yet are they not? They seem to overlap. For example, my husband has the gift of playing guitar, it was evident in his life long before he became a believer. But when he plays now (and has at our church for our entire relationship and before) he brings glory to God, and his talent, his gift is seen. But, is this his spritual gift? No, I don't believe so, and neither does he. His gift is in knowledge (he knows the Word of God inside and out and upside), teaching (he loves to talk about it, and the history related to it) and giving (when he sees a need and has the ability to meet that need he doesn't hesitate to give). So, why then would it be something woven into our existence. Could it be that because He loves us so much and knows us so well that He is doing it because we would love it?! How much are we the same as parents when a gift we have given shows pure delight in the eyes of our children when they enjoy it. Could it be that He just loves to see us delight in something He gives? Something to think about, and another way that my God wows me once again.

Image result for happy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment